Tuesday, February 06, 2007

adventures

Self-portrait through a train window. 28 hours later, I still love trains. I only got kicked off once, and then I got to wander through a town for a few hours that seemed suspiciously likely to be famous, and then it was!

A woman gave me a package of kleenex on the train, two others helped me figure out the underground system, and our tour guide took us around on bikes for 6 hours instead of 4, because we got such a great vibe going. Turns out he was also in Israel/Palestine in December, and he met someone I know. Is there anything more attractive than a man on a bike who knows what he's talking about?

Anyway, it was a quality retreat, deep people, great atmosphere, mellow pace. I'm feeling phenomenally privileged, as per usual. You can start to worry when I stop realizing how lucky I am.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a man on a bike who knows what he's talking about...while playing guitar? :)

So where was this retreat?

-Adam

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Is there anything more attractive than a man on a bike who knows what he's talking about?"

Hmm. I'm guessing if I say, "Yes. A man in an SUV" you might just disown me, so...

No. No, there isn't anything more attractive than that! :D :P

4:35 PM  
Blogger dm said...

It was really a rhetorical question! XD

It was a land of history, a land of white elephants, Berlin!

4:51 PM  
Blogger A&M said...

Berlin. Nice!
You only got kicked off the train once? Kicked off?

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dora, You're precious.

Love, Mom

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home