Saturday, January 13, 2007

release

Yesterday I visited the National Library for the first time. I stepped into one of the book rooms and was surprised to immediately feel the tension flow out of my body. I understand books. It almost makes me want to be a student again someday.

Last night I went to a play called iWitness, by Joshua Sobol. It's about a CO in Germany during WWII. But it was written in response to the Israeli military's behaviour at the height of the second Intifada. The nudity struck me particularly in the context of all the Islamic stuff I've been learning about. The violence made me realize that my tolerance for fake violence has actually gone down in the last few months. Who knew it was possible? That being said, what an amazing play. It was gorgeously done. I love intimate pieces. And I love that back and forth between the interpersonal and the prophetic. I could also give the play a bit of a scathing feminist commentary, but it was strong enough in other ways that I'll let it slide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home