yearning for good
I'm rereading my journal from my delegation in preparation for a presentation on Friday. It's heavy. And it's crazy how much I haven't been able to share, and also, will never have the time to share in a half hour or hour presentation. And it's crazy how faulty my memory is. There's so much I'd forgotten, which my journal is reminding me of. Also, I know how little I actually managed to get in my journal at the time, so just think of how many stories I haven't carried back.
On a distantly related note, here's just a thought on the existence of God.
"God speaks:
'I am the breeze that nurtures all things green
...I am the rain coming from the dew
that causes the grasses to laugh with joy of life.
...I am the yearning for good.'"
-Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179 CE)
On a distantly related note, here's just a thought on the existence of God.
"God speaks:
'I am the breeze that nurtures all things green
...I am the rain coming from the dew
that causes the grasses to laugh with joy of life.
...I am the yearning for good.'"
-Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179 CE)

2 Comments:
Good luck with the presentation! It's definitely disconcerting when you have a very short time to present something you are passionate about, especially when you have a lot of material to draw on -- there's a sense of "aah! how can I cram it all in?" It might help to think of taking the "best of the best" of your thoughts, experiences, etc., and making the most of the time you have. Then again, if it's 1:00 pm here (K/W), then it's early evening in London, so your presentation has probably already happened... crazy time zones! Anyway, here's hoping it went well...
Thanks Chodos! It's actually about to start, and I'm killing time to avoid thinking about it. >.< But I'll keep that in mind for the future. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home