vigil
I just got in from my first vigil here. It was different than manifestations that I've been part of back home. For one thing, there was no marching. For another, there was more anger. It was an amalgamation of groups, some for peace in Lebanon, some for Palestinian rights, and some general "peace" folk. I loved that there were lots of families there. I was unhappy with the young men burning flags. I resented the guy who came up and hassled me. Like seriously buddy, I'm here supporting this cause, why are you giving me a hard time?
The square where it took place is in front of the parliament buildings, and there is no cross walk to safely reach it, can you imagine? They are making it as hard as possible for people to demonstrate. The government buildings themselves were imposing and distant. It felt very much as though we were directly petitioning the stone and being rejected.
The square where it took place is in front of the parliament buildings, and there is no cross walk to safely reach it, can you imagine? They are making it as hard as possible for people to demonstrate. The government buildings themselves were imposing and distant. It felt very much as though we were directly petitioning the stone and being rejected.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home