Scarborough
I chilled this week-end with a bunch of cool old folk on the Yorkshire moors, near Scarborough and Pickering, if you can believe it. These folks have been die-hard pacifists since WWII, and sometimes longer, and they still want to be peacemaking actively. God willing, I will still be working for peace in 50 years. (Unless, of course, we achieve world peace before then. [ha. ha. ha.])Saturday afternoon we did a four mile hike across the moors to the oldest Christian monument in England and the only complaining came when they all rea
lized there was no way we'd make it back in time for tea. Tea, it isn't just a stereotype.I'm also including a picture of our house supper this evening, so you can get a sense of where I'm at. It's sad 'cause Tim and Charletta are leaving for home really soon. They have made these first few weeks really solid for me. Best of everything to you both!

2 Comments:
WoW! What a beautiful picture of the hike! If (read: when) I come to visit you, would you want to hike there again?
I hung out with T&C yesterday! They send their regards and raved about how open-minded you are.
Also, thanks for the mannish necklace! I've already gotten several comments about it at work today.
Keep rocking it!
Post a Comment
<< Home