intriguing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqb6XOQny_U
He sounds...religious. Like he's trying to proselytize. Which I find incredibly humourous. I also think that it's a little arrogant of him to say having a sense of the mystery of the universe isn't "real" religious faith. I mean, if someone calls that faith, then it is faith, no?
I'm almost looking forward to reading his book.
He sounds...religious. Like he's trying to proselytize. Which I find incredibly humourous. I also think that it's a little arrogant of him to say having a sense of the mystery of the universe isn't "real" religious faith. I mean, if someone calls that faith, then it is faith, no?
I'm almost looking forward to reading his book.

1 Comments:
The interviewer is *very* good. He catches Dawkins off-guard at several points, but doesn't press hard enough to make him uncomfortable and defensive. He is a bit evangelical, and his opinion of Bush is kinda skewed (it would be scary if it weren't), but I do agree with his idea that one can experience a sense of wonder and joy at the beauty of the world without needing to believe in a God.
Post a Comment
<< Home