Monday, April 16, 2007

is this really possible?

"Feist’s third album of new material, “The Reminder” is due for release May 1. It’s the album that should transform her from the darling of the indie-rock circuit to a full-fledged star, and do it without compromises."

I heard "Mushaboom" on a commercial the other day for fabric softner or something, and it made me sad. I know artists have to eat, but still...

On Tuesday for the first time I will be sacrificing something for my job. I have to go give (our last) presentation on our delegation to Israel/Palestine, and it just so happens that there is a Feist concert RIGHT HERE IN MY CITY the very same evening. And so it goes!

Speaking of artists, check out my big brother's little tribute to Vonnegut.

And if this isn't too cheesy: "In everyone's life sometimes the inner light goes out and bursts again into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be grateful for other people who rekindle our spirit." - Albert Schweitzer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quote by Albert Schweitzer hit the nail on the head! That's exactly how I've been feeling these last few days!
<3
Liz

8:46 PM  
Blogger A&M said...

I miss Feist. I first heard her on CBC radio, but haven't for a while. Now, if only I had an iPod ... woah, did I just say that?
-A

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home