Mmmmm. A Chocolate Jesus! I think we should start having fresh chocolatine croissants for communion; that would surely make me want to enter into communion with the Lord!
Why does "fair trade" more often get brought up with the subject of chocolate and coffee, but not as much with bananas, rice, or other such products? ...Hmmm. Something I'm going to chew over for the next 30 seconds, and then not bother with again... Such is my oh so horribly passive attitude! >.<;;
Sounds like this sculpture is a more accurate depiction than those that are common place in the catholic churches that are protesting this. And if they are allowed to make statues, why isn't this guy? Why does the material matter? Ohhh.... people. Liz, good on you for knowing those products exist! It doesn't matter what the media reports. If you buy those products, no further action required. If not, join my ongoing struggle to discern how we can procure our food in an ethical manner under reasonable budgetary constraints. Lately I've been stepping up my efforts to buy more local food, but I'm still far from perfect ... -A
2 Comments:
Mmmmm. A Chocolate Jesus! I think we should start having fresh chocolatine croissants for communion; that would surely make me want to enter into communion with the Lord!
Why does "fair trade" more often get brought up with the subject of chocolate and coffee, but not as much with bananas, rice, or other such products? ...Hmmm. Something I'm going to chew over for the next 30 seconds, and then not bother with again... Such is my oh so horribly passive attitude! >.<;;
Sounds like this sculpture is a more accurate depiction than those that are common place in the catholic churches that are protesting this. And if they are allowed to make statues, why isn't this guy? Why does the material matter?
Ohhh.... people.
Liz, good on you for knowing those products exist! It doesn't matter what the media reports. If you buy those products, no further action required. If not, join my ongoing struggle to discern how we can procure our food in an ethical manner under reasonable budgetary constraints. Lately I've been stepping up my efforts to buy more local food, but I'm still far from perfect ...
-A
Post a Comment
<< Home