Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Death of a President"

I have noticed that this is turning into a media-review forum, but I'm going to try and stop watching films with depth during my downtime, seriously, it's just too much.

Wow. Wow. What a film. Like 1984 for our era, only less subtle. I was really scared for a while with where it was going, but then it just somehow...yeah, addressed all my fears and threads of thought of the last while (Islamophobia and the poison of the media amongst other things) and didn't just continue the vicious cycles.

Pretty unsympathetic view of protesters though, kind of makes one stop and think...

It also raised a lot of questions around the seductive option of demonizing one individual, as clearly no one person is responsible for wrong doing on a global level. Also, it just made me uncomfortable, because how would I feel if someone made a movie where my dad (or brother or daughter) was killed a year in the future? Pretty not good, I can tell you that. In fact, probably really really angry, and I doubt I'd be able to see clearly enough to hear any of the good points the film might be making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home