today
We were back in Hebron, so I went on school patrol this morning, our little cluster was led by Jerry Levine, yet another inspiring full-time CPTer. You should google him and see what you can find out about him.
It was quiet except the soldiers who told us we are never allowed to use gate 4&5 again to leave the old city. Jerry chatted with them and verified that they know we aren't dangerous, they're just following their orders.
We had worship on the roof, with some yoga led my yours truly, good memories of India abounded. Then we headed back to Jerusalem.
We went to the Holocaust memorial museum this afternoon. The first few rooms describe anti-sematism and the lead up to the Holocaust in Nazi Germany. It was quite upsetting in the light of what we've recently witnessed. I don't understand how the policy makers in this country do not see the parallels with what they are now doing.
The later rooms, documenting the horrors of Hitler's final solution, were upsetting in and of themselves, and once again I wonder how on earth an entire people can find the healing they need. I also wonder what psychological and emotional scars Older Germans carry that I am unaware of.
We took the bus home, and now I'm here, writing to you, feeling as ever too full of thoughts and overwhelmed, and short on time.
It was quiet except the soldiers who told us we are never allowed to use gate 4&5 again to leave the old city. Jerry chatted with them and verified that they know we aren't dangerous, they're just following their orders.
We had worship on the roof, with some yoga led my yours truly, good memories of India abounded. Then we headed back to Jerusalem.
We went to the Holocaust memorial museum this afternoon. The first few rooms describe anti-sematism and the lead up to the Holocaust in Nazi Germany. It was quite upsetting in the light of what we've recently witnessed. I don't understand how the policy makers in this country do not see the parallels with what they are now doing.
The later rooms, documenting the horrors of Hitler's final solution, were upsetting in and of themselves, and once again I wonder how on earth an entire people can find the healing they need. I also wonder what psychological and emotional scars Older Germans carry that I am unaware of.
We took the bus home, and now I'm here, writing to you, feeling as ever too full of thoughts and overwhelmed, and short on time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home