Sunday, March 02, 2008

xkcd and daffodils

A friend shared this with me, and joking aside, it really resonated.:
http://xkcd.com/267/

Now that it's March, it no longer feels inherently wrong that there are daffodils everywhere. (I saw my first crocus in January.)

Yesterday I walked for an hour down the street to meet a friend for supper. I haven't been out of the house much for the last couple weeks because of a nasty cold. I did go to Germany last week-end, but airports are different from city streets. There are no daffodils, and everyone is going somewhere. They are travelling, not living.

So last night, walking down the street, breathing in the smog, passing clumps of red and white clad football fans, dodging around raucous teens, seeing the rusted, and spray-painted, and crumbling store fronts, I was overwhelmed by life. It was a long run of visual poetry. And it was really real to me that there is magic in the moment and adventure in the small decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home