Wednesday, January 23, 2008

right here, right now

For years now I've used the same prayer book, Soul Weavings: A Gathering of Women's Prayers, edited by Lyn Klug. Thanks to Kristen for bringing it into my life. I've often thought I'd like to share prayers from it with you all (heck, maybe I already have and I've forgotten!) But I'd want to write out most of the book, and I'm pretty sure that would break copyright. Anyway, here's one for today, for the endless comings and goings and endings and beginnings. I'm thinking right now of my home here, as well as all my past homes:

"Bless our home, Father,
that we cherish the bread before there is none,
discover each other before we leave,
and enjoy each other for what we are,
while we have time."

Apparently this prayer is from Hawaii.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home